What Is Florida KidCare?
Florida KidCare is a new health insurance program for Florida children age 0-18. There are
several types of insurance within KidCare to meet the needs of your child.
- Children age 0-18 who don't have health insurance now
- Your child may be eligible even if both parents work
- Families may make application for unborn children prior to the birth of the baby so that coverage can begin at birth
How Do I Apply for My Child?
The application process consists of completing a simple, one page form. The form can be
obtained from the Pinellas County Health Department, the Healthy Kids office, the school, the
Department of Children & Families or by calling 1-888-540-KIDS (1-888-540-5437). The application
is quick and easy to fill out. If you have any questions or difficulties, call our toll-free hotline.
How Much Does It Cost?
- Some families pay $20 a month
- Some families pay more or none at all
What Types of Things (or Benefits) Are Covered by Florida KidCare?
Florida KidCare offers a complete set of health benefits for your child, such as:
- Doctor's visits
- Hospital care
- Prescribed drugs
- Lab tests
- Behavioral or mental health
Who Provides Health Care?
Florida KidCare uses licensed health care providers and health plans who provide
high-quality care to your children.
Important Numbers to Call:
Call either Florida KidCare at 1-888-540-KIDS (1-888-540-5437) or The Pinellas County
Health Department at (727) 824-6900
for an application .
Act quickly because only a limited number of children are enrolled in all
insurance plans except Medicaid.